Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sparkle and Shine....

I have been cleaning my house. Little by little, interrupted by pain, at times. But that's all right: I have the time and the inclination to clean. It gives me such pleasure to see things sparkle and shine. And it costs virtually nothing. It's truly a simple pleasure.

And now, with hardwood floors shining, windows sparkling, dust and dirt banished, it's time to put up the Christmas tree. A faux tree, but a tree nonetheless. Almost seven feet tall, perfectly shaped, and ready to receive the special baubles that I have collected.

Tonight, when it gets dark, I will light the tree and sit in front of it, mesmerized by the beauty of it all. Every year, I think my tree is the most beautiful, ever. And every year, it is.

Wishing you a clean house and a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment