Monday, December 20, 2010

My Quiet Place.....


It has been a very busy day. Driving on crowded highways in the pouring rain. Very busy. And a little unnerving, at times.


But it's over now. We're home, settled in to the early evening, pursuing our own interests.


I am trying to find my quiet place. That place where the troubling thoughts of the day seem to fade away, never to return. A place where simple, peaceful, happy thoughts pervade and prevail.


And here it is. Not physically, as it can happen anywhere. But here, and now, as I rest and remember the day. The thoughts in my head make me smile. The “secrets” that will be revealed Christmas Day. Knowing that soon, family will gather and hugs and kindness will abound.


The world around us will recede and the light and life in this house will be felt and enjoyed by everyone who is here, physically or in spirit. Far and wide, the influences of those who have touched our lives will warm our hearts and brighten the day.


The troubles in life melt away and Love reigns supreme.


Merry Christmas, All!


Cali







No comments:

Post a Comment