Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Power of Words...

This is not news, of course, but something to ponder once in awhile.

Words can inspire. Words can incite. Words can comfort. Words can hurt. Yet, we hurl words around all day, every day, without thinking about their impact.

Words are more powerful than we know, at times. One ill-conceived sentence, thrown out on the wind, can cause ripples of hurt and sorrow. Or a misunderstanding. Or ill will. Or a misinterpretation of intentions.

Today I will stop and think before speaking. I will say what is in my heart, yet protect my listener's heart, too. I will use words with kindness, and save the harsh words for someone, or something, else. I will see my words as they land on others' ears, and I will look at how my words make others feel.

My words will be powerful. And comforting. And kind.

Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment