Sunday, January 2, 2011

Regular Days.....

Today is just a regular day. It's not a holiday. It's not a birthday or anniversary—in my family, anyway. It's just a plain, old, regular day. No traditions. No celebrations. No special meals.

Just a day. Twenty-four hours. A beginning, middle, and end. A day in the life.....

And yet. Regular days are special, too, in their own way. It is a day in my life. It is mine to do with as I please. It is mine to waste, or mine to use for a good cause. I can clean and cook and work. Or I can sit, relax, and daydream. Or a little of everything.

One thing special days and regular days have in common: they come, and then they go. Regardless of how I use the day, I can never retrieve it. I can't change what I did yesterday. I can plan better for tomorrow, or today.

Today is the only day I have. Yesterday, and all the yesterdays, are just memories. Tomorrow is a dream, a hope, of what is to come.

I guess I'd better make something out of today. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Use it. Spend it. Remember it.

Carpe Diem, All!

Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment