Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a day to think about all the things that we are thankful for. Better yet, we should be thinking about them, and thankful for them, every day.

Of course, I'm thankful for my family and friends, for my good health, for the things that I have enjoyed in my life, and for each day that I am given.

Though I am not thankful for the sad times, I am thankful that I have found the strength to survive them. Why? It is part of life. No life would be complete without some measure of sadness. Some times of sorrow.

How else would I know how lucky I am? What would be my measuring stick? Highs are not highs unless there are lows, too. So yes, I am thankful for all the tears I have ever shed. All the love I have lost. The loved ones who have left this world. The strength I have found to survive the disappointments.

Life in balance. Lived fully. For this, I give my heartfelt thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment