Thursday, January 13, 2011

Romance at Wally World...

Went to Wally World this afternoon. Not my favorite place to shop, but their prices are usually very good, so I made the trek to the one south of me.

I had my list made out: Swiffer stuff, saltines, hairspray, fun. Not a big list, except for the “fun”....

As we were looking in the cleaning section, I was pouring over the labels on the Swiffer duster and the Swiffer 360 duster. Ah, which one should I get? I decided on the regular Swiffer duster fairly quickly and for an obvious reason: the refills were cheaper.

And I had just gotten to the next big decision: lavender scented dusters? Citrus scented? Or plain? As if on cue, the store's lights went out and pitched us into darkness. Exactly! When I don't know what to buy, go dark!

We stood where we were. A lady appeared at the end of the aisle and told us to “head for the front of the store.” It wasn't really pitch black in the store: a few lights, on the emergency system, were still lit. But it was close enough to dark.

And yes, Wally World has cash registers that work on emergency power. We checked out at Register #4. I paid cash rather than take a chance on the ATM.

Oh, and I got the plain dusters......how romantic. NOT!

Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment