Sunday, January 23, 2011

V - I - C - T - O - R - Y...

It's funny how much it means to us sometimes. And is nearly meaningless other times.

Today, I really, really wanted the Packers to win. They haven't been in a Super Bowl since 1998. And they haven't played the Chicago Bears in a championship game in sixty years.

Moreover, after several years in Bret Favre's shadow, Aaron Rogers had a chance to shine. And he didn't, really. But, after the game, he graciously gave credit to the Packers' defense for the win. And admitted that he hadn't played his best game.

My favorite moment in the game? When 338-pound BJ Raji intercepted the ball and ran 18 yards for the third touchdown for the Packers. It was his first, ever. And the Packers needed it, too.

So, have I turned into a sports “nut”? No, I just enjoy watching football and eating pizza on a Sunday afternoon. And winning the game?

Priceless.....

Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment