Monday, November 29, 2010

Simple Joys...

I wake up with a head full of thoughts. Thoughts about the weekend, the week, Christmas, family. Thoughts about what I need to do today. And tomorrow.

It's cold; there's frost on the lawn. I turn up the heat and pull on something warm. Still thinking about a myriad of things, I walk out into the kitchen.

Little stirrings coming from the laundry room: the girls are awake. As I walk over to the laundry room door I see them: tails wagging, front paws on the “baby gate” that keeps them in the laundry room. I greet them with a “good morning” and they respond in soprano howls of joy.

The morning routine: I open the other laundry room door and the girls race across the family room floor, and out the doggie door. Cinnamon, the alpha dog, always goes first. Then little Ginger. Once out the door, they turn around and wait for my hand to come through the door, holding a doggie cookie.

Grabbing their cookie, they head off to their doggie bed on the patio to enjoy their treat. That's it; that's the routine and the daily morning joy. They don't think about other things, or other times.

A new day. Mom's here. And a cookie. In their world, life is good.

Simple joys....

No comments:

Post a Comment