Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunny Places....

Well, today started out foggy and the sun came out later, midday.

I sat in the dining room and read a new magazine from cover to cover. I looked at all the lovely rooms on display and looked around at my own house. I am glad to say that my own rooms please me as much as the rooms in the magazine.

Perhaps, after all these years, I have found myself, or at least, my decorating style. I like the color I painted my living room walls, and the crisp, white crown molding that I had put in years ago. It did take me three tries to get the color I wanted, but that's okay, too.

I looked out the window and the daffodils my mother planted almost thirty years ago are blooming.

One of the things that I saw in the magazine I read was an article about a website. Two young women sell all kinds of things for baking: cupcake cups, sprinkles, decorative picks, boxes, bags, and other delights for decorating cakes and cupcakes. I had to go online and order some pretty things for Valentines Day.

The website is LayerCakeShop.com

And then, I went down to the dealership to pick up my car. The indicator light was on because the tires needed more air pressure. They filled the tires and then washed my car. And didn't charge me anything for their efforts.

On the way home from picking up the car, I listened to the satellite radio, on one of my favorite stations: “Fifties on 5”. The tunes made me smile....

So, I guess sunshine comes in many different forms. All of which make me smile.

Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment